Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well........I DID IT!

I continue to surprise myself, I really do. And I certainly hope that my kids, my Mum and my sister, are in awe of my efforts to overcome very real and absolute fears of mine. There is of course my fear of heights, that sees me paralyzed when trying to step onto an escalator (and in London conquered many.. Granted I stood rigidly behind Michael, clinging desperately to him and focussing my gaze upon the middle of his back). There is of course,my incredible fear of flight (and yet so far upon this journey I have completed 4 flights without hyperventilation, and with thanks to my Mary McKillop worry cross and quite a number of decades). And there is from my childhood an absolute terror of chair lifts, thanks to an infamous trip on the Arthur's Seat one with Philomena, a PNG Guide who was being billeted with us (kids refer to Nanny for more info).
Anyway, I was determined not to remain a victim of my fears; to die with regrets; and so I came away promising myself that I would not empower fear to rob me of the opportunities this trip has to offer. I knew that this trip may well be our only one and that I therefore need to make the most of every second!
For this reason, today ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.......I rose to the occasion and rode that freakin' cable car thingamegigga UP and BACK! Aunty Jul's is a true champion!!!!!!!
Now all that remains is Bungy Jumping..........laughing hysterically, and absolutely bull shizen of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Oh, and before I sign off, here are two signs seen often in Germany that "tickle my fancy"!



Exit


Entry.



Jul's and Spike xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. ASked marns if she's heard from you, and she reminded me about this blog. Have just caught up with the last couple of posts, and am proud of you for hopping in that little cabin ( a far cry from the chair ride at Arthurs Seat.) You sound like youre enjoying yourself. Hugs
    Wen.

    ReplyDelete