Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good things happen to those who wait.

Well this morning saw us set sail @7:30am, traveling through the most beautiful part of the Rhine Valley, gracefully gliding past 40 majestic castles, and the most glorious of scenic backdrops. The fact that the sky was grey, and the wind gusty as we remained determined on the top and open deck was neither here nor there really as we were simply absorbed by the wonder of it all.
As I right this blog we sit docked in Koblenz, and outside our cabin the view we have is of cable cars coming down and going up the mountain, right over the Rhine and our heads. Michael is still trying to talk me into going on the cable car.....he says that if I can fly in a plane all this way, I can go in a cable car for 15 mins!!!!! I continue to have this debate with myself as I drink my coffee whilst waiting for my camera battery to re-charge after taking 202 photos this morning.
I was absolutely devastated and p'd off yesterday when I somehow managed to delete each and every photo of our visit to Heidelberg. Needless to say I have learned my lesson, and managed to drown my sorrows last night by watching a glass blowing demonstration whilst drinking a Brandy Alexander, Grasshopper AND one of my now famousB & B's. Also needless to say, I found the ship was swaying madly as we returned to our cabin. Yes, kids, your father just spent the evening shaking his head at me - even though I have been told by many this morning that I was jolly good company last night - and that aged Yankee proposed marriage to me once more today! Your Dad also reckon's you kids would be disgusted with me; but I reckon I still have a bit of catching up to do to beat his record! I am just in training for when we get together with Nicholas and his Priestly brothers in Rome......and me thinks I had better up the pace a bit!!!
Anyway, we are about to walk I to Koblenz, and have a look around - especially at the flower gardens which are on show here in Koblenz representing the whole of Germany. All that is left to say is: "To ride a cable car???????........now that IS the question!!!!!!


















Jul's and Spike xxxxx

Location:Middle Rhine River Gorge

2 comments:

  1. so proud of you mum, I think now you will not need such heavy prompting to get on the escalators at the supermarkets!

    signing on here i discovered years ago i had a blog page here, under the name of one hand clapping.

    miss you both
    pixie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jules you are a treasure one question did you bark at any dogs !!!!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, enjoy, we are reading your blogs, take care love to you both xxx Joycey

    ReplyDelete