Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pussy cat, Pussy cat, where have you been?.......

We've been to London to visit the Queen! The fact that Queenie is away on holidays is neither here nor there really; for we have had the most wonderful of times walking, doing bus tours, traveling on the tube numerous times, more walking.....and ten some. Today the sun shone and was a glorious day to mark the first day of Autumn. Today was spent at Buckingham Palace and our tour inside the palace is to die for - absolutely gob smackingly beautiful. Walked around the gardens also and the trees are majestic! We then went and toured the Mews and it was here that we saw some of the ceremonial coaches, vehicles and the stables. Danny thought of you today my love because one of Queenie's horses (white) I have taken photo's of for you. Why you ask???? Because it's name is "Daniel"!!!!! Yesterday we saw heaps also.......London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, River Thames, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's, St. Thomas' Hospital which is where one of my idols - Florence Nightingale - revolutionalised nursing; and a million other things. We've had an awesome time here, and met some great people; the Hotel Staff have been exemplary - and can't wait to show you Wen my photo of me and one of the male staff here - my very own Nescafe advert dream man!!!!!!! At breakie this morning we met a lovely couple from Maine, New England; and We thoroughly enjoyed their company and even their accents - most other yankee's (women primarily) are loud and painful with their drawl. Have to say that I am thrilled so far with the quality of my shots.....and disappointed at the same time that I am unable to post them via IPad. Never mind, I am also really glad that I can keep in touch with all you "commoner's" back home, and see for myself those who are behaving and those that are not also! Well, I need to hit the hay. The time here presently is 11:30pm and we have a wake up call booked for 4:30am so that we can leave hotel by 5:30am and fly out of Heathrow @ 8:30am - arriving in Basel @ about 11:05am. Weather forecast for Basel is predicting 28 - 30 degrees for the next few days, which sounds good to me. Wen, can you make sure you tell Mum for me that she is going to LOOOOOVE the London pics! Love to you all, big lots. Xxxxxxxxxxx Jul's and Spike xxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Have my hand over my face peeking through my fingers, wondering what went on when you had a photo shoot with your Nescafe man ! Shame about the uploading of pics. But your narrative does wonders. Have read this piece out to mum and she said thats just lovely and its great to be able to hear that you are well and happy. You must be exhausted managing on those hours !! But I'm sure the excitement of seeing everything outweighs the lack of sleep ins. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys, its great to follow you travels, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Great to see you enjoyed London, we loved it to. We head off in 6 weeks but nothing grand like your trip, we are just heading north east to Tweed Heads with a caravan on the back !!!!! Have a great time look forward to reading your next instalment. Take care, travel safe and enjoy, Love to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete