Sunday, September 18, 2011

On the road again......

7:30am and the wheels of the bus go round, around as we leave Poland behind and head towards Budapest which we are due to arrive in around 4:30pm.

Poland was certainly a country of many emotional and educational learning experiences. In Warsaw there was the devastation of a city leveled by the deliberate bombing and attacking by the Nazi's - and the incredible number of beautiful catholic churches and cathedrals, together with the open and demonstrative faith of these locals, together with their continued adoration of Pope Paul 11, for obvious reasons of course.

And what can one say about our visit to Krackow? Simply that it was everything I had expected it to be; and then some. Yesterday was an incredibly long day, and at days end each and everyone of us were completely and utterly emotionally fatigued, following a mornings visitation of Jewish Museums, and Synagogues -



- and then an afternoon of visiting Auschwitz 1 and Auschwitz Berkineu an experience which is impossible for me to describe here in mere words; an experience that has to be physically had in order to truly appreciate in some real way the nature of the Holocaust; and an experience once had, that may never, ever be forgotten!!! An experience I might add, that both Michael and I will be forever grateful that we have had the opportunity to have and share together.













Our time in Poland conclude last evening with us dining in a traditional Polish restaurant, eating traditional Polish fare including Borsch, Cabbage rolls and Perogy's (Polish Dumplings).

Not wanting to disappoint my dedicated blog followers, I now share with you another of my notorious adventures.......... so ........ I have managed to become unwell with an URTI, which yesterday evening went to my chest, with a constant and persistent sharpened dagger like cough. By the time we arrived at the restaurant for dinner, I was feeling pretty ordinary, and there was absolutely no chance of getting to a Doctor or even a Chemist........and yet In true Jul's Baby style I discovered a new and reliable medicinal remedy. I skolled 2 iced Vodka's back to back!!!!!!!! Not only did the coughing stop, but I slept like a Polish Baby!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can see my kids rolling their eyes and shaking their heads, as they read this......just wait 'till they get to hear some of the other stories that I am too scared to publish here!!!!!!)

Time to sign off for now, and hope to post upon our arrival in Budapest. It has been incredibly difficult trying to type this as we drive in the Tatra Mountains of Slovakia......each bend in the road sees the screen turn on it's other side!!!!!!! Lol.

Love to all.

Jul's and Spike xxxxx

P.s. The scenery and vistas of this beautiful countryside is AMAZING!

PSS. Have now arrived in Budapest.....4:20pm......another beautiful hotel....Le Meridien.....and another incredible suite! We have a 2 hr break now, and then tonight's dinner is to be held as we cruise either down or up the Danube (not sure which way, but then who really cares????).

Location:Slovakia

1 comment:

  1. hahaha each blog makes me laugh more and more! Wish i was there sharing vodkas etc. And I thought my cranbery juice was working wonders!
    A lady from veronas bailed me up at coles today wanting to know all of your travels goss.
    marnie

    ReplyDelete